COLLEGE RECRUITING COUNSELING PROGRAMS
Three levels of programs for serious athletes providing sequentially greater information, counseling, support, mentoring, and coaching. Should a client desire an upgrade in programs they will be credited the fee for the lower program.
Silver Package: Introduction to US Colleges, College swimming, the NCAA and the Recruiting Process for all clients. High School Planning for 8th and 9th graders.
Gold Package: Our signature college athlete recruitment program providing counseling and personal mentoring for athletes in 10th-12th grade.
Platinum Package: Our most in depth College Recruitment Program: For serious swimmers providing personal advocacy and coaching guidance by Coach Mitchell in addition to counseling and mentoring related to academic preparation. For full benefit of this program, clients should enroll in the Platinum package in the summer before 11th grade or earlier.
Introduction to US Colleges, College Swimming and the Recruiting Process for all clients. High School Planning for 8th and 9th graders.
- General overview of NCAA swimming levels, requirements, rules and the recruiting process.
- General overview of University and Colleges in the USA at various academic and divisional levels. Includes discussion of academic and testing requirements and expectations for admissions.
- What is the recruiting process and the general recruiting calendar?
- Discussion and review of significant additional factors for the High School scholar athlete including: time management, study habits, healthy living, social life, extracurricular activities, vacation programs, volunteer work etc...
- Basic interview with client and parents.
- Help to set four year academic and athletic goals for the scholar/athlete.
- Develop a flexible four year plan of action to realize goals.
- Quarterly review by e mail or Skype to answer questions, review and reassess action plan and goals.
Our signature college athlete recruitment program providing step by step counseling and personal mentoring for athletes in 10th-12th grade. Ideally the student-athlete will begin this program in 10th grade. Each year we only accept a few motivated athletes into this program.
- All aspects of the Silver Package.
- Detailed interview with athlete, parents and current coach.
- Review of academic and testing plans and performance.
- Personalized Recruiting Plan to include specific tasks required to enhance applicants chances for success
- Develop list of target schools and provide detailed in-depth analysis based on applicants athletic skills and academic profile.
- Athletic and Academic Scholarship Identification
- Guidance in the interview process, writing CV and Letter Profiles.
- Guidance through the application and essay process*
- Personal Recruiting Guidance with targeted college coaches, including help interpreting coach responses.
- Bi monthly monitoring through e mails, Skype and conference calls to answer questions and review application and recruiting process.
- Advise the student athlete in weighing and evaluating multiple recruiting opportunities and/or admission offers.
- It is strongly recommended that swimmers enrolled in the Gold package attend the Terrapin Summer Program for at least one summer.
Our most in depth College Recruitment Program: For serious swimmers providing personal advocacy and coaching guidance by Ray in addition to counseling and mentoring. For full benefit of this program, clients should enroll in the Platinum package 24 months before high school graduation. Each year we only accept a few athletes with proven motivation and dedication into this program.
- Includes all aspects of the Gold Package in addition to the following:
- Ongoing personal contact and advocacy of your application with prospective coaches.
- Personal meeting with staff to better define goals and our plan of action.
- Complete swimming skills evaluation by Coach Mitchell to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- All Platinum Package applicants must have completed at least one summer session with the Terrapins enabling Coach Mitchell to assess and advocate the swimmer with greater insight and effectiveness. This step is critical to the success of our program as Coach Mitchell and the Terrapins have developed a National reputation for preparing swimmers to enter and successfully compete in collegiate swimming.
Program Acceptance: Our counseling services are limited to highly motivated, serious athletes. Acceptance will be determined after discussions and correspondance which confirms the suitability of our expertise in fulfilling the scholar/athletes goals.
Program Costs: Please e mail us for more information and the cost of each program.
Please note that our areas of expertise do not include SAT test preparation and essay instruction. Most of our clients complete SAT test courses in California with a professional testing company while enrolled in the Terrapin summer program and continue their preparation with the same company after returning home for the school year.
*Application and essay completion: Please note that College Swim Recruiting does not complete college applications, essays or financial forms on the behalf of our clients. This is an important responsibility for the scholar/athlete.
Material owned by College Swim Recruiting